Thursday 12 March 2015

holiday throwback


Hey guys,

I am really really sorry that I haven't blogged in over a month but I've just been super busy lately. I promise to blog regularly from now on again!

So as you know I've been to Cape Verde in the beginning of February and I wanted to share my experiences with you. My mum and I went with our friends and we all stayed at the same hotel and had sooo much fun!



On one of our first days we went to Ponta Preta, which is an amazing spot for kite surfing and we were able to watch the qualification for the kite surfing championship and it was breathtaking! It is just incredible what those surfers can do without breaking all of their bones!




I love being at the beach and watching people surf or doing any kind of water sports so this was such a great day for me.

Also, since I started surfing when I lived in Cape Verde I had to do it again on holiday. I just do it for the fun and I am really not that good at all, but it brings me a lot of joy every time. 

Doesn't that wet suit look awesome on me? haha
this actually looks like I know what I'm doing.

I also celebrated my 21st birthday there and I had so much fun! My friend and I had a blast dancing, drinking, catching up with each other and with our cape verdean friends.




Have you guys ever tried spicy shots? My friend 'surprised' me with them and I didn't know what I was getting into. It is Vodka with Malagetta (some kind of chili sauce). It sounds totally disgusting but is actually pretty good. Even though every inch of your mouth will burn afterwards it is kind of tasty anyway. We asked the bartender to take a photo of us while drinking it and this is the actual result.







Besides surfing, watching other people surf and going out almost every night most of my days were spent at the beach and now that I'm looking at the pictures again, I really miss those days and especially my tan.


All in all it was a truly wonderful holiday and I hated leaving Cape Verde again. I honestly feel like I'm coming home to Germany less and less every time I visit my favourite place. Cape Verde is honestly the place where I'm the happiest and yes, my next flight is already booked - only 18 days left!


No comments:

Post a Comment